| I'm back again, probably for a few weeks but maybe longer, who knows? I don't |
Anyhows, I still hold a 9-to-5 job but I've finished those financial qualifications
I apologise for the fact that I purely edit in somewhat short bursts...
This is the talk page of Gyarados Magnus.
For a detailed list of archives, see User:Gyarados Magnus/Archives.
Please note that my signature is "—Gyaro–Maguus—". A message with "--Gyarados Magnus (Talk)" as its signature is an automated message, sent by User:Wikia, welcoming you the encyclopedia.
Race Edit Song Lists
Can this page please be left on?
It was on Wikipedia and they decided to remove it. People do visit this page. On Wikipedia, in the last 90 days over 4000 people visited the site. That's something, considering that the page hasn't changed in months because the Formula One season hasn't begun.
I was exited to join this community because I thought that it would be more "user run" than Wikipedia.
There is no where else for this information to go, nor is there anywhere else that this information can be found.
Wouldn't this site love to have this exclusive information?
I also have some information about the race edits (history and importance) and references that I can take from the Wikipedia version. I was going to add those after the charts where completed.
Thank you for your support. Although I see that you voted to delete the Wikipedia version, so I am not so sure how this will affect getting this article on here.
I think already I have been treated nicer than the Wikipedia people have. They are accusing me of creating a fake account and everything.
I just hope that on this site, I don't run into the same issue as Wikipedia and that this article actually makes it on.
I have a question that Wikipedia wouldn't answer for me: Why does a site like this need to worry about deleting articles that are not inappropriate?
List Of Fatal Accidents
Help With Infobox
I am making an article for race driver Tom Pryce. I used the Infobox Driver, but there are some issues. The last race section will not display and i cannot change the number of races and wins, etc. How can I do this? It is in the F1 Sandbox if you want to take a look. Thanks in advance for your help. WesleyBranton (talk) 16:19, February 22, 2014 (UTC)
Cannot Add Images
I was working on the François Cevert article and was trying to add an image. I cannot. I have tried multiple images, multiple file types and have also tried clearing browser cache and cookies. It doesn't help. I click to upload and choose the file and click upload. It then shows the image as a blank image and doesn't add it to the photos. Can you help? I don't know if you can help, but you have helped me so many other things so far, I figured I would ask you. Wesley Branton (talk) 02:38, February 24, 2014 (UTC)
Hello. I have created an article about Riccardo Paletti, but have noticed that some statistics are false. It says that he only had 1 race start, but he actually was killed on his 2nd race start. How can I fix this information? Wesley Branton (talk) 02:08, February 25, 2014 (UTC)
- Technically speaking, Paletti should be recorded as a DNS for the Canadian GP as the race was red-flagged before two laps had been completed and Paletti didn't restart. In line with the result of the 1998 Belgian Grand Prix, the first start is deemed null and void. That said, there is inconsistency in this ruling: ManipeF1 lists it as a DNS, but other sites (including Wikipedia) lists it at a Retirement. MTracey1 PSN/XBL: Mackem1985 18:23, February 25, 2014 (UTC)
- Firstly, I checked with WP and Stats F1, and decided to make it two starts. I also think Niki Lauda's quote of "if I didn't start the race, then how did I lose my bloody ear!" might be applicable here. Lauda basically made the decision that he is quoted as a retirement from that race despite the accident taking place on the first start of two; a similar situation has arisen here (though with more tragic consequences). Also, I bring to light this WP:F1 subpage (as if that subpage needed more light (you'll get the joke if you look at the subpage)). There appears to be apparent agreement between many sources that Paletti should be classed as retired. —Gyaro–Maguus— 19:04, February 25, 2014 (UTC)
- Fair enough. The "null-and-void" rule does apply nowadays, but finding out at exactly what point this rule became official would be the key to settling all of the disputes on that page. As for Schumacher (FRA 96) and Warwick (SMR 82 and AUT 86) failing to start due to issues on the formation lap, there may never have been a rule to cover those. MTracey1 PSN/XBL: Mackem1985 19:15, February 25, 2014 (UTC)
- By the way, I wish you hadn't directed me to the 1976 German GP page - every time I go there I can't help giggle at "Car seized by police"! As for Lauda, it is quite apt that the corner that almost killed him is now named after him. MTracey1 PSN/XBL: Mackem1985 19:19, February 25, 2014 (UTC)
- To be honest, for some time, I've gone with what StatsF1 have said over ManipeF1. I think we need to look over all the available sources before making conclusions on these things, but we can generally go with that disputed results subpage. I think the rules on how restarts affect official results have never been clear and often are mostly decided on the race day, but I think the tendency is if someone is killed or seriously injured, they are considered as a retirement (as per Lauda (who I may have misquoted)).
- As for a good laugh in the results, Al Pease was disqualified for being too slow at the 1969 Canadian Grand Prix, two years after being not classified as 43 laps down (you might want to read his F1 Rejects page). —Gyaro–Maguus— 20:52, February 25, 2014 (UTC)
- I'm not surprised he was black flagged - he was 43 laps behind. Also, I think running back to the pits for a new battery in the middle of an F1 race must breach some kind of safety regulation. Since there is no footage of that, I'll leave you with my favourite F1 related YouTube video of the day (overused, I know; but I think there's some irony in being hit by the Medical Car): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pa3GrLfprM
I was wondering how I can become an admin or moderator for the F1 wiki. I noticed that you are and I was wondering if I could be too.
Also, the Rowan Atkinson article really has nothing to do with Formula One. I think that you may want to delete it. Wesley Branton (talk) 23:01, March 4, 2014 (UTC)
Just a quick FYI: rollback rights are included within Admin rights, so their addition is unnecessary. They are mainly for users who do a lot of anti-vandalism undoing but don't want/warrant Admin rights.
As for your message on my talk page, I'll make a start double checking the wiki regarding the new season and send you a full reply when I'm done. I'm fairly sure there are a handful of car pages that need some work, but not much.
MTracey1 PSN/XBL: Mackem1985 01:54, March 6, 2014 (UTC)
- There are a few bits and pieces still to be done, but I will make a start on them now and will advise you when they are ready.
- I very much like the look of your new calendar idea. I would question whether to link the actual event in the title bar though (2014 Australian GP vs Australian GP). If you haven't done so already, I could quite easily template that ready for the season page (and maybe some older seasons).
- I think the purge button would prove useful to regulars like ourselves, but perhaps not to the casual visitor.
- I'm not entirely sure what you mean with "current" and "local".
- Any site which provides more information is useful.
- I think that making Ayrton Senna FA from May 1st would be very appropriate. Rewriting it to FA standards may be a challenge, but it is one we have seven weeks to achieve. Should be plenty of time.
- I'd like to see a Senna related video as featured video in May, but perhaps not one depicting his final moments. I'd personally go with a video of one of his finest victories, such as Donington 1993: , or maybe 1990 Monaco: ?
MTracey1 PSN/XBL: Mackem1985 02:31, March 6, 2014 (UTC)
- The Monaco 1990 race was one I chose because a full race video is available. Having watched it since it seems to focus more on the battle for second (Alesi vs Berger). I personally would have gone for Monaco 1984 because, although he didn't win, to drive a Toleman from near the back to second in those conditions is an unbelievable display of driving and (in my opinion) Senna's greatest race ever. MTracey1 PSN/XBL: Mackem1985 03:25, March 6, 2014 (UTC)
I like the idea, but I'd actually take it one step further and place it top and centre of the main page. That would mean moving/removing the countdown and OTD for the day but I believe the cause is deserving of that.
MTracey1 PSN/XBL: Mackem1985 12:09, March 11, 2014 (UTC)
- I'm fairly sure Wikia are capable of removing the advert but not sure if they would be willing. I would suggest sending a message to Special:Contact/general to find out. If not, we could set the size to 100% and it will fill the available width. In other (slightly related) news, I've started off a sandbox to slightly redesign the main page at User:MTracey1/Main Page sandbox. All I've done so far is rearrange a few bits and bobs but I'll leave it up as a community project. Don't worry about the squashed News section as that would fix itself if put on the Main Page. Feel free to make as many changes to it as you see fit. MTracey1 PSN/XBL: Mackem1985 13:12, March 11, 2014 (UTC)
RE: two-year anniversary
No coincidence at all: My first edit was for first free practice if the 2012 Australian GP which happened on this same weekend two years ago. MTracey1 PSN/XBL: Mackem1985 01:02, March 12, 2014 (UTC)
Would it be ok if I added a "See Also" section to the bottom of season pages in which a driver was killed and added a link to the List of fatal accidents article? Wesley Branton (talk) 18:04, March 14, 2014 (UTC)
Mark Page For Deletion
- Also, how can I mark a category for deletion. The "Living People" category has nothing in it and is the same as the "Living people" category. I cannot add the delete template to it because it requires me to make the page to do that. Wesley Branton (talk) 19:16, March 14, 2014 (UTC)
Pre-Season Testing Merge
Articles Request Page
I have a great idea. I created an Article Requests page for users to leave a request for an article. This way you can see what users want to see an maybe gain more users. I was thinking a link could be placed on the homepage. If you do not want this page, feel free to delete it. Just thought I would show you my idea. Wesley Branton (talk) 21:22, March 19, 2014 (UTC)
Re: Ford and Ford Cosworth
I am working on the Bob Cortner article. He was killed while qualifying for his first race. Would that be a DNQ or DNS on that race's stat. I cannot find out if he had qualified or not. Should I just say DNS?
20:45, April 1, 2014 (UTC)
Main Page ideas
MTracey1 PSN/XBL: Mackem1985 18:41, April 5, 2014 (UTC)
- I don't mean to butt into your conversation, but I have created a simplistic main page. You can check it out here. I don't know if it is what you are looking for, but it is simple and organized. Tell me what you think.
01:06, April 8, 2014 (UTC)
Help With Added New File Versions
- It worked for the Green-Tick, but I still need help with the Administrators sig.
22:10, April 7, 2014 (UTC)
New main page update
Just wanted to get your opinion on the new contents section which is under construction at Template:Portal/Component/Slider. It is still far from completed, but I wanted to ask your opinion of colours, layout, etc. while it is in progress as it would be easier to make changes now rather than later. Each slide lives at a separate template page, and these are listed at Help:CustomSlider but the code is quite complex so I would advise against making changes unless you are sure of what you are doing with it. I'll be putting Back buttons on each slide as the Browser Back button will not work on it, but for now, the home button at the top right of the slide will take you back to the top.
MTracey1 PSN/XBL: Mackem1985 23:45, April 9, 2014 (UTC)
- Might I just say, I like it. I saw the images that you added in the Wiki Activity section and took a look earlier today. Pretty cool. 00:03, April 10, 2014 (UTC)
Glad you like it. I'll be looking at trying to involve you, and Matt in the near future as there are about a hundred slides to fill in which are quite repetitive to complete, but I need to sort out styling first. I'd welcome your opinions too if you have any. MTracey1 PSN/XBL: Mackem1985 00:06, April 10, 2014 (UTC)
- I like it so far. It is coming along quite nicely. I won't touch it unless I find an obvious mistake that I can work out how to fix. —Gyaro–Maguus— 01:20, April 10, 2014 (UTC)
I am not sure if you are aware of how the Canadian high school volunteer hours work, but I am in grade 11 and was interested in receiving volunteer hours for my involvement with this wiki.
In high school, you need 40 hours to graduate, but I already have those manditory volunteer hours and am looking to add to my experience. I am already putting my administrator experience on my resume, so I don't see why they cannot go into my high school education as well.
All that is required is a letter that you can send to me for printing. Here you can see an example of the letter that I received from the Canadian Cancer Society for organizing an event. If you decide that I could receive hours, you can just format your letter to look similar to this and explain my involvement. I wish I had a more recent example, but my letter from Mozilla has not arrived because the volunteer organizer is away on travel.
I am not sure how to calculate the hours. For Mozilla we calculated 5 minutes per answer, so we could do 5 minutes per edit if you wanted to. Or you can decide a different way.
This isn't urgent, seeing as I am only in grade 11 and do not require this letter until the end of grade 12, but I would like to have several letters instead of all of them on one. Mozilla agreed to send me a letter for 2013 and another at the end of 2014. I was thinking twice a year if it is ok with you.
If you are wondering why I am contacting you about this, it is because I have contacted you the most.
Anyway, just get back to me with your answer. No hard feelings if you don't want to, just thought that I would ask.
Hope to hear from you soon.
21:19, April 11, 2014 (UTC)
Thanks! I did indeed eat cake (too much of it - I went into work for some cheap drinks and found they had a birthday cake waiting for me). And I drank (Again, excessively). Therefore I was Merry :). Now I can relax and watch the Thor DVD I got for my birthday. So very happy - at least until it sinks in that next year I'll be 30! MTracey1 PSN/XBL: Mackem1985 23:17, April 11, 2014 (UTC)
Standard Process Of Review And Cleanup
I noticed that for the Lewis Hamilton Nomination you mentioned that the article needs through the standard process of the review and cleanup. What does that involve?
21:02, April 30, 2014 (UTC)
The New Senna Article
I just finished what I can do on the Lewis Hamilton article and now I am free. Is there anything that I can do to help with the Senna article? I know the plan was to feature this article for May and I assume you would like to feature the new article and not the old one. I will work on adding more career details, but other than that is there anything else that you need done?
21:33, April 30, 2014 (UTC)
- Well, feel free to (a) proofread the intro, 1988 or the death section; (b) improve the pre-F1 and 1984–1987 years to the 1988 standard (they ought to be shorter than the 1988 section); (c) write up, to 1988 standard, the 1989–1993 years; (d) the post-death bit (preferably not, read on); or (e) uploading images. Quite frankly, I don't care what you do, it all needs doing. It won't be feature-ready in time, but my intention is to copy across the improved sections into the main article, and I intend to work on the post-death bit myself at the moment (since I have a book on Senna that talks about the funeral a bit). —Gyaro–Maguus— 21:48, April 30, 2014 (UTC)
Touring Car Wiki
Just a little word of warning, I will be creating a Touring Car wiki for Wikia which will involve all of the touring cars (STCC, BTCC, DTM, WTCC (ETCC) and V8 Supercars) Rugby Sevens are coming 07:04, May 1, 2014 (UTC)
Driver Abbreviation Redirects
I've marked a few redirects to be deleted. They were all broken, but I have noticed that you have repaired one. I was just wondering if these redirects are needed?
20:23, May 7, 2014 (UTC)
Wiki Logo And Favicon Update
I have updated the Wiki logo and favicon. They both match each other.
I hope you like them.
As I told Marc, I work in graphic design and am very good at manipulating images. If you have any images that you would like me to change, please feel free to ask me.
20:57, May 9, 2014 (UTC)
- I quite like the new wordmark, but am not too sure about the favicon - since it is so small, I can barely see the arrow shape of it. It kind of just looks a bit lopsided. MTracey1 PSN/XBL: Mackem1985 21:11, May 9, 2014 (UTC)
- I'm not a big fan of the favicon either now that I can see it in action. I may rollback my change if Stuart agrees too.
22:27, May 9, 2014 (UTC)
- I'm not a big fan of the favicon either now that I can see it in action. I may rollback my change if Stuart agrees too.
If you want all of the "Event" sections changed to "Race" sections, why don't you have Marc use his bot account to make the changes. It would be faster.
19:01, May 12, 2014 (UTC)
- Because I like to edit at least once per day to keep the run going and this normally involves the date article, should it need updating. So basically it is cheating way of ensuring I make this daily edit. Anyway, there is normally a fair bit more to edit on the date article anyway, so I might as well save the number of edits required. —Gyaro–Maguus— 22:44, May 12, 2014 (UTC)
- Oh, I see ;)
00:08, May 13, 2014 (UTC)
- Oh, I see ;)
I am not sure if you can do this, but I was wondering if you could add a banner with the link to my donation website on the Wiki homepage. The banner will look similar to the banner I will have on my user page shortly.
If you need more details, please message me.
01:04, May 13, 2014 (UTC)
- Firstly, it is something that could be done, and in a moral sense, it is a good thing to do. However, I believe that putting it on an F1 wiki is, you know, not exactly logical, so a few extra words will be needed to state that either the charity has no links with F1, Wikia or the F1 Wiki (from a commercial standpoint) or is being put up there for as a sign of goodwill for an editor. So I'll happily have a small banner on the main page (one or two lines of text), but not yet, definitely only after the Monaco GP.
- Anyway, good luck raising as much money as possible and I hope your sister's situation improves as quickly as possible. —Gyaro–Maguus— 18:20, May 13, 2014 (UTC)
- Thank you.
19:58, May 13, 2014 (UTC)
- Thank you.
I'm the head admin at the BTCC Wiki, a small but growing Wiki dedicated to the British Touring Car Championship. I am writing to ask if you would be interested in adding the BTCC Wiki's logo on your Main Page (or elsewhere) and I do likewise to boost the number of viewers to both out wikis (admittedly, I am, so far, the only contributor on the BTCC Wiki having been steadily building it since I took over).
We could also extend this to include articles. I know that there will only be limited overlap, but it may help improve both Wikis to include links to similar articles at the other wiki (for example the Graham Hill articles on the BTCC Wiki and the F1 Wiki). Just some ideas for you to consider.
BTW - like the work that you have done here. I will certainly try to help out in the future once the BTCC Wiki gets off the ground.
- No worries,
- As I said, they were just ideas (hopefully ones that can be implemented in the future). And thanks for the advice on the championship tables. I was just trying not to make the pages look too much like the wikipedia ones (well the wikipedia ones that have content on anyway) but there probably should be colour on them.
- Thanks again and, as I said, I hope to work more closely with your goodselves here in the future.
Question About Some Templates You Created
Happy Birthday mate; hope you enjoy looking at your teenage years in the rear view mirror! I can't afford to get you a real cake, so here's a picture of one for you to look at:
MTracey1 PSN/XBL: Mackem1985 07:36, June 4, 2014 (UTC)