Stoffel Vandoorne (born 26 March 1992 in Kortrijk, West Flanders, Flemish Region, Belgium) is a Belgian racing driver who joined McLaren's young driver programme in 2013, and was a third driver for the team in 2014. He made his race debut in the 2016 Bahrain Grand Prix, after Fernando Alonso was revealed to have had received injuries from an accident in Australia. He currently partners Alonso at McLaren since 2017.
Formula One CareerEdit
Formula One Statistical OverviewEdit
Formula One RecordEdit
|Year||Entrant||Team||WDC Points||WDC Pos.||Report|
|2013||Vodafone McLaren Mercedes||McLaren-Mercedes||Young Driver Programme|
|2014||McLaren Mercedes||McLaren-Mercedes||Test Driver|
|2015||McLaren Honda||McLaren-Honda||Test Driver|
|2016||McLaren Honda||McLaren-Honda||Test/Reserve Driver|
|2018||McLaren F1 Team||McLaren-Renault||12||16th||Report|
Correct as of the 2018 Brazilian Grand Prix qualifying
|Distance Raced||10660 km (6624 mi)|
|Complete Formula One results|
|3rd||DNQ||Did not qualify|
|5th||Points finish||DNPQ||Did not pre-qualify|
|14th||Non-points finish||TD||Test driver|
|NC||Non-classified finish (<90% race distance)||DNS||Did not start|
|[+] More Symbols|
- ↑ Pablo, Elizalde (31 March 2016). "Alonso will not race in the Bahrain GP". Motorsport Network, LLC.. http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/alonso-will-not-race-in-the-bahrain-gp-683160/. Retrieved 1 April 2016.
- ↑ Pablo, Elizalde (31 March 2016). "Alonso reveals he had a pneumothorax, broken rib". Motorsport Network, LLC.. http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/alonso-reveals-he-had-a-pneumothorax-broken-rib-683214/. Retrieved 1 April 2016.
- ↑ "McLaren-Honda announces innovative three-driver strategy". mclaren.com (McLaren). 3 September 2016. http://www.mclaren.com/formula1/team/mclaren-honda-announces-innovative-three-driver-strategy/. Retrieved 3 September 2016.
- ↑ "Vandoorne to partner Alonso at McLaren in 2017 as Button steps back". formula1.com (Formula One Administration). 3 September 2016. http://www.formula1.com/en/latest/headlines/2016/9/button-steps-back-vandoorne-partner-alonso-mclaren-2017.html. Retrieved 4 December 2016.
- ↑ "McLaren Honda confirms Stoffel Vandoorne will race for the team in 2018 as planned". 23 August 2017. http://www.mclaren.com/formula1/team/stoffel-vandoorne/sv-team-2018-announcement-3165489/. Retrieved 25 August 2017.