The C35's sponsors are Banco do Brasil, Emil Frey and Silanna, and has four new sponsors: EDOX, IFS, Malbuner and CNBC.
- Chassis: Carbon-fibre monocoque, in-house designed and built
- Suspension (both front and rear): Upper and lower wishbones, inboard spring and damper elements (Sachs Race Engineering) actuated by push-rods
- Brakes: Callipers (Brembo), carbon-fibre pads (Brembo) and discs (Carbon Industries)
- Transmission: Ferrari 8-speed quick-shift carbon gearbox, longitudinally mounted, carbon-fibre clutch
- Chassis electronics: MES
- Steering wheel: Sauber F1 Team
- Tyres: Pirelli
- Wheels: OZ
Both Saubers were eliminated from the first qualifying session at the 2016 Australian Grand Prix. Felipe Nasr would finish 15th in the race, and Ericsson would retire from an engine problem on lap 41.
Sauber did not finish in the points coming into the summer break, but they came with an upgrade at Spa.
After starting from near the back in Brazil, Ericsson had a spin and crash in the rain, while the advantage of some other drivers choosing between intermediate and wet tyres allowed Nasr to bring Sauber into the points for the first time in the season, finishing in ninth place. Nasr's team radio went emotional just after securing the points finish.
The result put Sauber's 2 points ahead of Manor in the Constructors' Championship, finishing tenth.
Complete Formula One ResultsEdit
|Complete Formula One Results|
|V T E||Sauber F1 Team|
Ericsson · Leclerc · Wehrlein · Nasr · Hülkenberg · Pérez · Kobayashi · Kubica · Heidfeld · Räikkönen · more
Frédéric Vasseur · Pascal Picci · Alex Sauber · Eric Gandelin · Timothée Guerin · Axel Kruse · Beat Zehnder
Ilmor (1993) · Mercedes (1994) · Ford (1995-96) · Petronas (1997-2005) · Ferrari (2010-2018)
C12 · C13 · C14 · C15 · C16 · C17 · C18 · C19 · C20 · C21 · C22 · C23 · C24 · C29 · C30 · C31 · C32 · C33 · C34 · C35 · C36 · C37
BMW Sauber · Alfa Romeo