Gameplay[edit | edit source]
As with many other Formula One games, the player can choose to play in Career mode as their avatar, and compete at every circuit on the 2017 Formula One calendar alongside all ten teams competing in the 2017 season. This time, at various times, players get invited to compete in events where they drive classic F1 cars, an element previously used in F1 2013. The cars can also be used in time trials and online multiplayer modes. For the first time in Codemasters' Formula One game series, the career mode includes female avatars for the female players, and allows players to design their helmets and car numbers.
In addition, four alternative circuit layouts can be tried out at the Silverstone Circuit, Bahrain International Circuit, Suzuka Circuit and Circuit of the Americas, players can drive at the Circuit de Monaco at night, a new "Championships" mode is included, and there are "numerous new gameplay types". Compared to the previous game, this game lets players have more control over the research and development system, and choose on how they use different engine components and gearboxes, which have been updated in the game so that at least one of them may fail after so much use, and may have to take grid penalties at the following race.
As with Formula E and the World Rally Championship, the game has marked the beginning of a Formula One eSports series. The game also includes different race formats, such as doing a double header, and forming a grid that is determined by either a qualifying session or the results of the previous race.
Teams and Drivers[edit | edit source]
|Red Bull-TAG Heuer||3||Daniel Ricciardo|
|Force India-Mercedes||11||Sergio Pérez|
|Toro Rosso||26||Daniil Kvyat|
|55||Carlos Sainz, Jr.|
- McLaren MP4/4*
- McLaren MP4/6
- McLaren MP4/13
- McLaren MP4-23
- Williams FW14B
- Williams FW18
- Ferrari 412T2
- Ferrari F2002
- Ferrari F2004
- Ferrari F2007
- Red Bull RB6
- Renault R26
* The McLaren MP4/4 is available in the Special Edition, only available to players who pre-order the game or purchase it on its release date. Otherwise, the car was released as purchasable downloadable content at a later date.
Reception[edit | edit source]
Motorsport magazine Autosport gave the game a positive review, saying all the features from F1 2016 have been improved.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Videos[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- "Make history in F1™ 2017 - Codemasters Blog". 17 May 2017. http://blog.codemasters.com/f1/05/make-history-in-f1-2017/. Retrieved 2 June 2017.
- Barker, Phil (1 June 2017). "F1 2017 is unleashed and we've got the interview". http://www.redbull.com/en/games/stories/1331857604059/f1-2017-codemasters-interview. Retrieved 2 June 2017.
- "F1 2017 game gets release date, classic cars". https://www.motorsport.com/sim-racing/news/f1-2017-game-gets-release-date-classic-cars-907072/. Retrieved 19 May 2017.
- Freeman, Glenn (3 August 2017). "Codemasters reveals details of F1 2017 game's new career mode". http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/131108/details-of-f1-2017-new-career-mode-revealed. Retrieved 26 August 2017.
- "Out now - the official F1™ 2017 game". formula1.com (Formula One Administration). 24 August 2017. https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/headlines/2017/8/out-now---the-official-f1-2017-game.html. Retrieved 26 August 2017.
- Leeuwen, Andrew van. "Formula 1 launches its first official eSports series". https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/131326/f1-launches-first-official-esports-series. Retrieved 23 August 2017.
- Stuivenberg, Jordy; Noble, Jonathan (21 August 2017). "F1 2017 game video: New race formats included in championships mode". https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/131333/video-new-race-formats-feature-in-f1-2017. Retrieved 26 August 2017.
- "Revealed: the four historic Ferraris in F1™ 2017 - Codemasters Blog". 13 June 2017. http://blog.codemasters.com/f1/06/revealed-the-four-historic-ferraris-in-f1-2017/. Retrieved 13 June 2017.
- "Unveiling the iconic Williams cars in F1™ 2017". 23 June 2017. http://blog.codemasters.com/f1/06/unveiling-the-iconic-williams-cars-in-f1-2017/. Retrieved 26 June 2017.
- "Presenting... the 2006 Renault R26, the latest car to feature in F1 2017". 7 July 2017. http://blog.codemasters.com/f1/07/presenting-the-2006-renault-r26-the-latest-car-to-feature-in-f1-2017/. Retrieved 7 July 2017.
- "It's time to complete the collection... revealing the four historic McLarens that will feature in F1™ 2017". 20 July 2017. http://blog.codemasters.com/f1/07/its-time-to-complete-the-collection-revealing-the-four-historic-mclarens-that-will-feature-in-f1-2017/. Retrieved 20 July 2017.
- Freeman, Glenn (22 August 2017). "How the best F1 game got even better - F1 - Autosport Plus". https://www.autosport.com/f1/feature/7677/how-the-best-f1-game-got-even-better. Retrieved 26 August 2017.