The 2020 Hungarian Grand Prix (officially the Formula 1 Aramco Magyar Nagydíj 2020) was the third round of the 2020 Formula One Season, and the thirty-fifth time the Hungarian Grand Prix was held on the Formula One calendar. It was held between 17 July and 19 July 2020 at the Hungaroring.
Lewis Hamilton took his career 90th pole position with team-mate Valtteri Bottas second, while the Racing Point of Lance Stroll qualified third. While both Ferrari drivers were able to get into Q3 for the first time in the season, it was a difficult session for Red Bull. Max Verstappen could only qualify 7th, with Alexander Albon 13th.
The start of the race saw the track drying up and once the race began, many drivers pitted to get rid of their intermediates and wets. Both Haas drivers pitted for dry tires after completing the formation lap, and therefore, were able to run in the top 10 in the early stages. However, both drivers would be penalized by 10 seconds for the infringement, but Kevin Magnussen was still able to score Haas' first points of the season in 10th.
Hamilton won the race, with Verstappen, despite sliding and crashing into the barriers on the way to the grid before the race began and had Red Bull mechanics fixing his car in time, was able to come in second, with Bottas in third.
Background[edit | edit source]
Entry List[edit | edit source]
The full entry list for the 2020 Hungarian Grand Prix is outlined below:
Practice Overview[edit | edit source]
Practice Results[edit | edit source]
|7||Kimi Räikkönen||Alfa Romeo-Ferrari||N/C||N/C||1:43.471||9||1:17.527||19|
|10||Pierre Gasly||Red Bull-Honda||N/C||N/C||1:42.558||6||1:16.453||9|
|11||Sergio Pérez||Racing Point-Mercedes||1:16.530||3||1:42.470||5||1:15.598||3|
|18||Lance Stroll||Racing Point-Mercedes||1:16.967||4||1:42.380||4||1:16.033||5|
|33||Max Verstappen||Red Bull-Honda||1:17.435||8||1:42.820||7||1:16.084||6|
|55||Carlos Sainz, Jr.||McLaren-Renault||1:17.675||11||1:41.784||3||1:16.545||11|
|88||Robert Kubica||Alfa Romeo-Ferrari||1:19.150||19||N/C||N/C||N/C||N/C|
|99||Antonio Giovinazzi||Alfa Romeo-Ferrari||1:18.425||17||1:44.411||11||1:17.496||18|
*Free Practice 2 was a wet session.
Qualifying[edit | edit source]
Q1[edit | edit source]
Q2[edit | edit source]
Q3[edit | edit source]
Qualifying Results[edit | edit source]
The full qualifying results for the 2020 Hungarian Grand Prix are outlined below:
Grid[edit | edit source]
Race[edit | edit source]
Report[edit | edit source]
Results[edit | edit source]
The full results for the 2020 Hungarian Grand Prix are outlined below:
- * Both Magnussen and Grosjean received post-race 10-second penalties after being told by the team to change to dry tyres at the end of the formation lap.
Milestones[edit | edit source]
Standings[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
Images and Videos:
- "Formula 1 Aramco Magyar Nagydíj 2020" formula1.com (Formula One World Championship Limited) https://www.formula1.com/en/racing/2020/Hungary.html (Accessed 07/08/20)
- Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- "2020 Hungarian Grand Prix – Practice 1 results". Formula1.com (Formula One Administration). 17 July 2020. https://www.formula1.com/en/results.html/2020/races/1047/hungary/practice-1.html. Retrieved 2 August 2020.
- "2020 Hungarian Grand Prix – Practice 2 results". Formula1.com (Formula One Administration). 17 July 2020. https://www.formula1.com/en/results.html/2020/races/1047/hungary/practice-2.html. Retrieved 2 August 2020.
- "2020 Hungarian Grand Prix – Practice 3 results". Formula1.com (Formula One Administration). 18 July 2020. https://www.formula1.com/en/results.html/2020/races/1047/hungary/practice-3.html. Retrieved 2 August 2020.
|V T E||Hungarian Grand Prix|
|Circuits||Népliget Park (1936); Hungaroring (1986 - Present)|
|Races||1986 • 1987 • 1988 • 1989 • 1990 • 1991 • 1992 • 1993 • 1994 • 1995 • 1996 • 1997 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000 • 2001 • 2002 • 2003 • 2004 • 2005 • 2006 • 2007 • 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011 • 2012 • 2013 • 2014 • 2015 • 2016 • 2017 • 2018 • 2019 • 2020|
|v·d·e||Nominate this page for Featured Article|