The 2019 Singapore Grand Prix (officially the Formula 1 Singapore Airlines Singapore Grand Prix 2019) was the fifteenth race of the 2019 Formula One season, and the twelfth time the Singapore Grand Prix was held. It was held between 20 September and 22 September 2019.
In qualifying, Charles Leclerc took his fifth pole position, beating Lewis Hamilton on a track where the Mercedes AMG F1 W10 EQ Power+ was expected to be quicker. Sebastian Vettel qualified third after making several mistakes on his final run to improve his fastest time in Q3.
In the race, Leclerc kept ahead of Hamilton, as Vettel tried to make moves against Hamilton. Daniel Ricciardo made contact with George Russell at the first corner, damaging the latter's front wing, while Carlos Sainz, Jr. and Nico Hülkenberg touched wheels at Turn 5, giving both of them punctures. Vettel and Max Verstappen both pitted at the end of lap 19, and Leclerc did the same on the next lap, but he fell behind Vettel. Making his pit stop at the end of lap 26, Hamilton fell behind Vettel, Leclerc and Verstappen, while the top three runners were fighting with midfield runners who did not pit yet, including Antonio Giovinazzi, who led a race for the first time in his career. However, after being passed by Vettel on lap 31, Giovinazzi made contact with Ricciardo at Turn 7 on lap 34, giving Ricciardo a puncture. The safety car was deployed on lap 36, when Romain Grosjean collided with George Russell at Turn 8, putting Russell out of the race. Not long after the safety car came in at the end of lap 40, Lance Stroll got a puncture from Antonio Giovinazzi at Turn 18 on lap 41, then the safety car came out again when Sergio Pérez pulled off to the side of the track on the Esplanade Drive on lap 43. The safety car came in at the end of lap 47, but it was deployed for the third time when Daniil Kvyat collided with Kimi Räikkönen while attempting to pass him at Turn 1 on lap 50. Räikkönen retired from the race with a damaged suspension, but Kvyat kept going. With Räikkönen's car quickly cleared away, the safety car came in at the end of the next lap, and Vettel opened up the gap on Leclerc, while Hamilton tried to put the pressure on Verstappen. Vettel went on to take his fifty-third victory, marking his first win since the 2018 Belgian Grand Prix. Leclerc's second-place finish made Ferrari the first constructor to score a 1-2 finish at the Marina Bay Street Circuit, and Verstappen held on for third.
|7||Kimi Räikkönen||Alfa Romeo-Ferrari||1:42.786||14||1:41.232||16||1:40.953||13|
|10||Pierre Gasly||Toro Rosso-Honda||1:42.377||10||1:40.637||10||1:40.339||12|
|11||Sergio Pérez||Racing Point-BWT Mercedes||1:43.369||18||1:40.875||13||1:40.985||14|
|18||Lance Stroll||Racing Point-BWT Mercedes||1:42.791||15||1:41.128||15||1:40.209||11|
|23||Alexander Albon||Red Bull-Honda||1:41.467||5||1:39.943||5||1:39.258||5|
|26||Daniil Kvyat||Toro Rosso-Honda||1:42.305||9||1:40.713||11||No Time||20|
|33||Max Verstappen||Red Bull-Honda||1:40.259||1||1:38.957||2||1:39.366||6|
|55||Carlos Sainz, Jr.||McLaren-Renault||1:41.966||7||1:40.145||7||1:39.507||7|
|99||Antonio Giovinazzi||Alfa Romeo-Ferrari||1:42.677||13||1:41.128||14||1:41.169||16|
|4||33||Max Verstappen||Red Bull-Honda||5||1:38.540||4||1:37.089||4||1:36.813||4|
|6||23||Alexander Albon||Red Bull-Honda||10||1:39.106||7||1:37.865||6||1:37.411||6|
|7||55||Carlos Sainz, Jr.||McLaren-Renault||7||1:38.882||8||1:37.982||7||1:37.818||7|
|10||11||Sergio Pérez||Racing Point-BWT Mercedes||14||1:39.909||11||1:38.620||15*|
|11||99||Antonio Giovinazzi||Alfa Romeo-Ferrari||11||1:39.272||12||1:38.697||10|
|12||10||Pierre Gasly||Toro Rosso-Honda||9||1:39.085||13||1:38.699||11|
|13||7||Kimi Räikkönen||Alfa Romeo-Ferrari||13||1:39.454||14||1:38.858||12|
|15||26||Daniil Kvyat||Toro Rosso-Honda||16||1:39.957||14|
|16||18||Lance Stroll||Racing Point-BWT Mercedes||17||1:39.979||16|
|107% time: 1:44.129|
- * Pérez was given a five-place grid penalty for an unscheduled gearbox change.
- † Ricciardo was disqualified from qualifying for exceeding his MGU-K power limit in Q1. However, the stewards gave him permission to race. He then received a ten-place grid penalty for using his fourth MGU-K and fourth CE.
- * Giovinazzi was given a ten-second time penalty for not following the race director's instructions.
- Lando Norris' 15th entry and start.
- George Russell's 15th entry and start.
- Alexander Albon's 15th entry and start.
- Sebastian Vettel's first win since the 2018 Belgian Grand Prix.
- First time Antonio Giovinazzi has led a race.
Standings after raceEdit
- ↑ "Formula 1 Singapore Airlines Singapore Grand Prix 2019". formula1.com. Formula One Administration. https://www.formula1.com/en/racing/2019/Singapore.html. Retrieved 20 September 2019.
- ↑ "2019 Singapore Grand Prix – Selected sets per driver". Pirelli. 10 September 2019. https://press.pirelli.com/2019-singapore-grand-prix--selected-sets-per-driver/. Retrieved 20 September 2019.
- ↑ "Singapore adds third DRS zone to circuit". Crash. 18 September 2019. https://www.crash.net/f1/news/929340/1/singapore-adds-third-drs-zone-circuit. Retrieved 20 September 2019.
- ↑ "Haas part ways with title sponsors Rich Energy". Formula1.com. Formula One Administration. 9 September 2019. https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.haas-part-ways-with-title-sponsors.2prgGDi2hL6JTYo1OnkLvY.html. Retrieved 20 September 2019.
- ↑ "2019 Singapore Grand Prix – Practice 1 results". Formula1.com (Formula One Administration). 20 September 2019. https://www.formula1.com/en/results.html/2019/races/1014/singapore/practice-1.html. Retrieved 20 September 2019.
- ↑ "2019 Singapore Grand Prix – Practice 2 results". Formula1.com (Formula One Administration). 20 September 2019. https://www.formula1.com/en/results.html/2019/races/1014/singapore/practice-2.html. Retrieved 20 September 2019.
- ↑ "2019 Singapore Grand Prix – Practice 3 results". Formula1.com (Formula One Administration). 21 September 2019. https://www.formula1.com/en/results.html/2019/races/1014/singapore/practice-3.html. Retrieved 21 September 2019.
- ↑ "2019 Singapore Grand Prix – Qualifying results". Formula1.com (Formula One Administration). 21 September 2019. https://www.formula1.com/en/results.html/2019/races/1014/singapore/qualifying.html. Retrieved 21 September 2019.
- ↑ "FIA Stewards Decision — Document No. 24". FIA.com. Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile. 21 September 2019. https://www.fia.com/file/97139/download. Retrieved 21 September 2019.
- ↑ "FIA Stewards Decision — Document No. 30". FIA.com. Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile. 21 September 2019. https://www.fia.com/file/97199/download. Retrieved 22 September 2019.
- ↑ "FIA Stewards Decision — Document No. 31". FIA.com. Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile. 21 September 2019. https://www.fia.com/file/97200/download. Retrieved 22 September 2019.
- ↑ "FIA Stewards Decision — Document No. 36". FIA.com. Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile. 22 September 2019. https://www.fia.com/file/97218/download. Retrieved 22 September 2019.
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 "Singapore Grand Prix 2019 Race Results". formula1.com (Formula One Administration). 22 September 2019. https://www.formula1.com/en/results.html/2019/races/1014/singapore.html. Retrieved 22 September 2019.
|V T E||Singapore Grand Prix|
|Circuits||Marina Bay Street Circuit (2008–present)|
|Races||2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011 • 2012 • 2013 • 2014 • 2015 • 2016 • 2017 • 2018 • 2019|
|v·d·e||Nominate this page for Featured Article|