The 2013 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix (officially the 2013 Formula 1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix) was the 17th round of the 2013 Formula One Season, the 5th Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, and the 5th Grand Prix held in the United Arab Emirates. It was held at the Yas Marina Circuit.
Vettel, after taking the lead at the first corner, strolled to victory by about 30 seconds, a lead he had managed at the halfway stage. Webber, who fell to third at the start, finished in second place with Nico Rosberg third. Romain Grosjean finished not far behind in fourth place.
Like the previous season, there are two DRS zones, one on the long straight between Turns 7 and 8, the other on the following straight between Turns 10 and 11.
Kimi Räikkönen, who claims to not have been paid a single euro all year, only turned up to the race an hour before first practice.
A partial solar eclipse took place during the race, between 17:22 and 17:39 local time (the race started at 17:00).
|12||Paul di Resta|
|Giedo van der Garde||______________|
* Jules Bianchi had a five place grid penalty for gearbox change.
† Kimi Räikkönen originally qualified 5th, but was excluded from qualifying for failing a floor deflection test.
- Mark Webber: 13th pole, equal most by an Australian driver with Jack Brabham.
- Sebastian Vettel: Seventh consecutive victory, joint second with Michael Schumacher.
- Sebastian Vettel: Eleventh victory of the season, equaling his 2011 total.
- Sebastian Vettel: 60th podium.
- Mark Webber: 40th podium.
- Mark Webber: Passed 1000 points (post-race total: 1014.5).
- Romain Grosjean: Passed 200 points (post-race total: 210).
- Red Bull: 100th podium finish.
- Ferrari: 65th consecutive points finish (since the 2010 German Grand Prix), overtaking McLaren's record of 64 set earlier in the season.
- Pirelli: 100th victory.
Standings after raceEdit
|V T E||Abu Dhabi Grand Prix|
|Circuits||Yas Marina Circuit (2009–present)|
|Races||2009 • 2010 • 2011 • 2012 • 2013 • 2014 • 2015 • 2016 • 2017 • 2018 • 2019|
|v·d·e||Nominate this page for Featured Article|